It was a trip south, must have been circa 2001 cuz i remember we were heading to an anti-war rally. J, W, a name I cannot recall, and I, stopped to stay with ?'s old friends at an all girls college. I believe we were in North Carolina. Anyway, J and I felt slightly off the entire time and I got a massive headache. But here are the two scenes I remember the best. One was being invited to get high with the girls in their suite, but getting sick and going back to sleep on the couch. The other was of another girl who lived in the dorm, who i guess was a bit of an outsider. She struck up a conversation with me that was basically geared towards her wanting me to want to have sex with her. I remember her hinting about how she was into casual sex and could sleep with someone and it not be a big deal at all if they did not keep in touch. For one I was not feeling well, and also, she was not very attractive. Not ugly, just sort of plain. So I didn't make the "best" of the opportunity. I was also shy and not into one-night stands. There were other glimpses of that day, too, like ? running off to smoke opium and not telling anyone, and J and I walking around wondering why we felts so woozy in the town. I wish I could remember more of that night, but that's about it. The protest ended up being a joke, just a few of us, and we drove about six hours to get there. 'Twas a strange trip indeed...
Oh, and the war still happened...
Oh, and the war still happened...
No comments:
Post a Comment